Monday, January 23, 2012

Things to Do with Your Toddler

Gone are the days of sifting through the C&B catalog ohhing and ahhing over bamboo vases and trendy magazine racks.  My house now has a new decor style that can only be purchased at the finest of the finest retailers--Toys R Us.

Toys are everywhere--no joke.  In both of our living rooms, our bedroom, Parker's bedroom, the bathroom, the ENTIRE basement.  3500 sq feet of nothin but toys.  And the real kicker? Parker doesn't play with them all that often.  Some days she is all about her shopping cart and baby stroller and cell phone but other days it's all tearing up paper, putting on my shoes, and trying to get Syd's collar around her neck. 

So I need to be creative, some days more than others.  I've stumbled onto some really cool sites with ideas on how to keep your little one entertained.  First up: filling up a box with random things of different sizes, shapes, textures, and colors.



Flaxseed, ribbon, small box, plastic shovel, gift bag, calculator, retractiable ruler, crayon and paper (not random but always fun), and an outlet cover





Parker loves it.  And bonus: the box also slides really easily on the wood floors which is like the best thing ever to a 15 month old.

This little girl keeps me on my toes.  I'll have lots more ideas coming soon!

2 comments:

  1. That is a great idea! I'll keep in it mind for later on!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Let me know how Noah likes it :) He will be running around like crazy in no time!

    ReplyDelete