Friday, January 6, 2012

Breakfast Goodies

Next recipe for 2012--Maple Pecan Pumpkin Waffles.

This was the first waffle that I have ever ate. In my entire life. And no, I'm not lying! My parents got us this awesome professional waffle maker for Christmas.
































It even cooks two waffles at once--perfect since I like to make extra of whatever I cook/bake to freeze for one of those days that I don't feel like, or have the time to, cook up some eats.

I went all the way with my first waffle recipe, compliments of the Waring manual that had recipes towards the back. I actually had all the ingredients that I needed so I took that as a sign that this recipe was meant to be. I even had fresh pumpkin. If you recall our pumpkin decorating experience this past Halloween, there was too much *excitement* going on with painting the pumpkins so there was no time to carve them. So they went on our porch looking all boring. But since it's against the law to let pumpkins go to waste we carved out the seeds and meat late December. Halloween apparently lasts for months in our house!

Pumpkin Nut Belgian Waffles



Ingredients
1 1/2 cups flour (I used organic whole wheat)
1oz finely chopped pecans or walnuts
1tbsp cornstarch
1tbsp baking powder
1tsp salt
1tsp cinnamon
1/2tsp ginger
1/4tsp nutmeg
3/4 cup pumpkin puree
2 large eggs, separated
1 cup whole milk
1/4 cup real maple syrup (not pancake syrup)
3tbsp unsalted butter, melted
1tsp vanilla extract
3 large egg whites

Directions
Preheat waffle maker

Combine the flour, nuts, cornstarch, baking powder, salt, cinnamon, ginger, and nutmeg. Stir to blend.

In a separate bowl combine the pumpkin, egg yolks, milk, maple syrup, melted butter, and vanilla. Stir until smooth. Add the liquid ingredients to the dry ingredients. Stir with a whisk until smooth.

In a stand mixer, beat the egg whites until stiff peaks form. This took about 10 minutes for me. Gently fold the beaten eggs whites into the batter.

Start cooking and enjoy!

Parker and Kris thoroughly enjoyed the waffles!





Happy (almost) weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment