Thursday the obvious sick signs we're all too familiar with at this point reared their ugly head. Fever. Lethargy. No appetite. Time for lots of fluids and lots of movies. The day went on and right before bedtime Teagan was snuggled up with Kris watching her last show of the evening. I noticed her cheeks were red. Crazy bright red. So I grabbed the thermometer and practically (okay, let's be honest here--completely and totally) freaked out when it read 104.1. 104.1?! Cannot be right so I checked her again. 104.5! Commence freak out and off the ER we go. Tests were run and came back as the flu. Poor babes.
Fast forward to today. After ER visits a follow up is scheduled with the pedi. While Teagan was making some progress on Sunday, her fever and sick symptoms returned Monday afternoon. So (1) it's round two of the flu or (2) some bacterial infection . And to make it more enjoyable for all parties directly involved, the wet, deep cough that she has been battling for weeks that I really didn't think too much about? Yeahhhh, her poor little lungs are filled with fluid. So we're on breathing treatments, an antibiotic, off for chest x-rays tomorrow, and another pedi appointment.
My heart aches for T. This winter has been SO brutal for her. For all of us, but definitely for Teagan. According to the pedi her system is so weak that she can't recover, hence picking up everything and anything.
Teagan is tough though and was able to enjoy some Super Bowl festivities with us :)
Parker, while not ill, has been experiencing her own symptoms called jealousy. All the attention sick T has been getting has been noticed and not entirely appreciate by our oldest. 95% of the time P is such an amazing Mother Hen and is the first one running to get T snacks, drinks, her fave toys, you name it. But the other 5% of the time she's like enough is enough! And when that happens there's no better time for a daddy-daughter date to the ice rink. Prior dates to open skate ended in tears but she tore it up this time!
Emerson is NINE MONTHS OLD and sweet as can be. All foods are her favorite with cheese being #1, just recently I can say with confidence that she sleeps through the night more evenings than not, she's taking two or three naps a day, said her first word (dada), loves cooing and still lets me rock her to sleep. That is, when she's not busy sticking her tongue out. All day every day that tongue is out of her mouth!
What I won't take though are pictures with the 9 month sticker placed perfectly on E's onesie. Too sticky and interesting to leave alone ;)
Watching Emerson figure out how to move around is the best. I see babyproofing in our near future.