Wednesday, February 3, 2016

January

Ahhhh January,  The time of year when the S Family finds enjoyment in taking eating to the next level.





I have clearly missed my calling in life.  Move over stocks.  I need to make room for my Nutella and fruit creations.  

The girls embraced the food creativity as well.  

And so did one of the local ice cream spots with their color changing spoons.  INCREDIBLE.


Little miss E has started moving around in her crib.  She starts off with her head facing the bottom end of the crib and many times ends up like this.  Seems pretty happy to be wiggling around :) 



E also seems pretty happy about her pink unicorn towel.  


Teagan has found joy in something new called the foot selfie.  It's when you take a selfie of not only yourself but your foot as well.  I think she is on to something epic here.  Before you know it Kim Kardashian will be doing the same.






Teagan has also become even more independent than ever.  Recently she became lodged butt first in the toilet and was not a fan of peeing by herself.  But we've overcome that obstacle and now she is  back on the track of solo trips to the bathroom. Right down to hand washing too :)



I apparently need assistance in the bathroom because when left on my own I run a bath, fill it with bubbles, turn on the jets, accidentally pass out on our bed (thanks germs!) and wake up to this.  Woops.



For the most part, someone in our house has been sick since September 29th.  It first started out with Teagan's sickies turned pneumonia turned we have no clue what is going on.  Then it turned into walking pneumonia for both me AND Kris.  Do you know how long that nonsense lasts? Weeks.  Like endless weeks.  Like 8+ weeks.  Then began the first of now FOUR in a row ear infections for Emerson which involve lots of throwing up.  And in the middle of all that Parker got sick for an entire week. Then Teagan decided we hadn't had enough yet and puked eleven times.  E.lev.en. So of course Parker had to do the same.  This is an endless cycle people.

So we've spent a lot, I mean a lot, of time at home.   I have to admit, I love sick days.  Not necessarily the sick part but the unexpected bonus time hanging with my loves.  I mean, look at em ;)


Here they are sick.


Yep, sick.


Again, sick.


Sick sick sick.


Do I even need to say it again? Sick.


Stiiiillll sick but on the road to recovery. 


So after weeks and weeks and weeks of hanging out at home we finally were able to get out as a healthy family this past weekend. The girls requested Jungle Java, a big indoor play place thing, so that's exactly what we did.  Even Emerson was able to get in on some of the fun. Though it does appear that she is trying to escape the madness.  Too late chica!





Other random things:

I am so not a car person.  The bigger the better when it comes to vehicles IMO.  But I will say that I am loving Kris' CTS.  It's sporty, its leathery, I'm super close to my littles and they sit right next to each other. What is not to love??


The deer are back out and about.  Most likely creating a game plan on how to effectively damage our landscaping come spring.  


A few weeks ago I found this gem :) September 2013, right before T's 1st birthday.  Awwwwww.


Maybe I have shared these pics but if not, rollers & strollers (in Deember)! Always a fun morning outing especially since I am allowed to wear shoes and don't have to make a fool of myself trying to skate!



While filled with sickies, January was still a lot of fun.  As all the months are! Now we're in February with lots planned.  A trip to Nashville, multiple birthday parties, playdates, and I am still holding out for loads of snow.  Come on winter! This girls needs a little more snow in her life before you bring the 55 degree days (like today!)



No comments:

Post a Comment