Monday, January 9, 2012

Rub a Dub Dub

Sleep regression sucks. For the past two months our not-so-good-at-sleeping baby let us lay her down on the bed, with some snuggles of course, and would fall fast asleep. Then she got sick on NYE. Since then she refuses to lay down--not in our bed, not in her crib, not anywhere. Sometimes she'll tolerate the Ergo, but more times than not we have to stroll her around or carry her. We have to do the same thing when she wakes up in the middle of the night. Kris and I were so exhausted on Saturday that we napped THREE HOURS with Parker. Blissful. If I didn't have a full time job I would definitely be having a lazy nap with the little miss probably every single day!

Obviously Parker developed a negative association with the bed and is scared to fall asleep so we'll help her work through it and I'm sure, in her own time, she will go back to laying down on her own. Never have we let Parker cry it out, and we never will. This is the perfect example of why that's not the right path for us. To let a little person who is obviously scared of something cry and try to figure it out on their own just breaks my heart.

So while sleep isn't Parker's thing, bath time is. I put on my bikini and join Parker in our master bath every single time. We have an absolute blast. We play with toys, sing silly songs, and splash around. I don't know who looks forward to it more--me or Parker!




"Give mama a kiss"


Parker--if you could change your 2012 resolution to refuse sleep to something more enjoyable I wouldn't complain ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment