Thursday, June 21, 2012

26 Weeks!



How far along: 26 weeks. Actually 26w3d. One day I'll get around to posting this on the right day.

Total weight gain: Still at 126lbs, up 14 pounds.

Maternity Clothes: I'm still in the same old clothes but some of my regular shirts have turned belly barring on me.

Best moment this week: the weather. Not because it's been 100 degrees but because it's our first summer where we can relax in the super cool finished basement. Ahhh, so refreshing.

Movement: this little girl doesn't ever stop moving and shaking in there.

Food Cravings: I have a stack of recipes a mile long to try out. So basically everything.

Sleep: I'm still having zero issues with falling asleep. When I'm out, I'm out. That is, until Parker or my bladder decide otherwise. Or if we have a thunderstorm I'm a nervous wreck and can't sleep. Pre-Parker I never minded thunderstorms. I actually sort of enjoyed them. But now they make me anxious. I worry that a tree is going to crash into our house or lightening is going to strike us. I'm pretty sure that ridiculous worrying comes hand in hand with being a mom.

Random: I'm in my last week of the second trimester about about 3 months out from meeting our little girl. On one hand it feels like I've been pregnant forever. On the other hand it feels like time is flying by. I feel bouts of sadness here and there that Parker is going to be my one and only for just a few more months. Don't get me wrong--this baby was very much planned and wanted, but I can't help but wonder how this life changing event will affect Parker. All of our time and attention is focused on Parker so having to share that with her is definitely going to be an adjustment. But having sisters so close in age is going to be a wonderful thing for both of my girls :)

No comments:

Post a Comment