Thursday, June 7, 2012

24 weeks








How far along: 24 weeks

Total weight gain: Still at 126lbs, up 14 pounds. My midwive hinted that I gained a wee bit too much weight since my last appointment. Hrmp. It was like 4lbs in four weeks but whatever. I cut out sweets and made my portions a bit smaller and that seemed to do the trick. There's no time to exercise during the week but I get out for runs on the weekends. Hopefully all of this will keep excessive weight gain at bay.


Maternity Clothes: my summer dresses will be making an appearance any day now that summer weather is here!


Best moment this week: this has nothing to do with pregnancy, but since my potty post Parker has decided that it's time to put it to good use herself. Now when she goes in the bathroom with me she pulls at her shorts/skirt for me to take them off and proudly sits on her princess potty. She peed in it last night and this morning. I never knew that pee would get me as excited as it did. Proud mama right here.


Parker must have toilet paper though while on the potty. She blows her nose, wipes herself, then gives me the TP and asks for more. Hey, whatever works.


Movement: baby girl still dances around all the time. I love kicking back in my chair at work and feeling her do cartwheels and somersaults.


Food Cravings: I adapted this wonderfully wonderful Buffalo Chicken meal this week and I couldn't get enough of it. I use my crockpot all the time so when I see a good slow cooker meal I'm all over it. I'm not about to slave over the stove after a long day at work so if I can walk into my house to a fully prepared meal I'm a happy girl.


This blogger has a lot of great crockpot meals and I can't wait to try some of them. If you love your crockpot as much as I do check her out.


Sleep: I'm getting around 8 to 9 hours a night which is nice, but still waking up at least three times a night to pee.


Random: how did I go my entire pregnancy with Parker with zero Braxton Hicks and now I get them on a daily basis?

No comments:

Post a Comment