Monday, December 10, 2012

Wedding day!

My sister is hitched! Congrats Lindz and Jes--you guys are pretty awesome and I'm so happy that your big day turned out absolutely perfect.


Whatcha lookin for?



We started the party off with a rehearsal dinner at the Winking Lizard.  Six years ago Kris and I visited this bar occasionally for some libations.  Fast forward to the present.  While at the same place I nursed Teagan, changed baby diapers, and brought in toys to keep a toddler entertained.  Never thought I would have done any of those three things while in a bar.  I'm like Sweet Home Alabama.





Beats by Dr. Dre

Wedding day started off at the fabulous new Hilton on High Street.  If you are looking for a hotel in Columbus this is where you need to go.  Brand new, high end rooms.  Total luxury.  Hair was done, makeup was put on, some mimosas were consumed.  A shuttle took us out for some pictures which I'm dying to see and we were off to the venue.







Exposed brick, open loft, great food, and I hear there were great drinks. I have been pregnant slash nursing for the past three years.  Three years people.  You know how many weddings I've been the DD for the past three years?? Too many that should ever be allowed. Dancing was fun and thanks to a picture in US Weekly of a celebrity mama with her baby in noise preventing headphones at a bball game I was able to keep Teagan on the dance floor and protect her ears at the same time.  She will kill me when she's a teen and sees those photos.

The shuttle ride home took us through the Short North which attracts the young, the wealthy, the gay, the young-wealthy-gay, and also...how do I say this...some alternative lifestyle groups.  Our shuttle driver pointed out a huge group of people dressed up in bunny costumes.  OMG, Parker, look! Bunnies! Oh wait...these aren't Easter Bunny fanatics.  These are sexual fantasy, costume role play bunnies.  Kris got stuck in a parking structure, alone, with one of these bunnies on the way to our car lol.







Parker rocked it as flower girl.  She even sang some songs after she made it down the aisle.  Lindsey and Jes looked insanely happy the entire night, I saw family that I don't get to see enough of, and I tried cake pops for the first time.  IN LOVE.  I was so happy to be able to have so many of those near and dear to me meet Teagan for the first time and see how Parker has grown. 










Excited does not describe how I'm feeling in anticipation of the pro wedding photos.  I could only tote the DSLR around so long with babies attached to me so I can't wait to see all the shots that he captured of the bride, groom, and all the details.

Couldn't have asked for a better weekend! Love you guys!

1 comment:

  1. I love the bunnies story! It looks like a beautiful day. Lindsey looked gorgeous! I checked the photographers website every day for weeks waiting for my sister's pictures.

    P.S. when you stop nursing, you deserve a wild night out!

    ReplyDelete