Sunday, May 22, 2011

7 Months!

Happy 7 Months!

Parker looks thrilled to be 7 months old.
































Many changes have happened with Miss Parker this past month!

She is now scooting all around and is trying her hardest to get up on all fours and crawl. It’s only a short matter of time before Sydney has to share control of the house. Kris and I swear that Parker said “hi” a few weeks ago. I’ve always thought that parents hear their kids say things that no one else can understand, so maybe we are falling into that trap but I’m sure that Parker really was talking to us. Eating is going very well. Parker loves egg yolks, yogurt and bananas the best. The only things that she’s not a huge fan of so far are peas and homemade brown rice cereal. I don’t blame her ;) She will take a couple bites and then refuse the rest. Getting Parker to drink water has been a challenge. With the introduction of food, Parker needs the extra water for her body to be able to process it. Well try telling Parker that. I tried giving her water in a sippy cup. She sipped out of it a few times and then decided it was much more fun as a toy. I tried a bottle, but once again bottles are more fun to play with than to drink from. I tried the water warm, room temperature, and cold. Didn’t work. The only thing that Parker accepts is drinking straight from a cup without a lid or recently a sippy cup without the stopper. This results in her getting very wet since she likes to hold onto the cup and bring it to her mouth herself. Oh well, at least she is getting some of it!

Parker is still talking all the time and is really enjoying daycare. It’s so fun to see her interact with other babies. Daycare has a table where the babies can sit and the other day I put Parker in between two little ones. Parker started smiling and talking as soon as I sat her down and was hitting the table trying to get the babies attention. When they looked at her Parker grinned some more and then reached out and patted their arms. Adorable! Up on the daycare calendar in the next week is water play fun day. Parker thinks it’s so funny to splash her arms and feet around in the bathtub so I know that she will enjoy playing with water at school! All the interaction that Parker is getting at daycare is so great for her!

A tooth has finally started to appear! It’s on the bottom and it trying to push it’s way through the gum. That can’t feel good. Other than a slight fever and being miss grouchy-pants for a couple days, it hasn’t seemed to bother her too much, thankfully.

It is so easy to get Parker to laugh now. I laugh, she laughs. I make a silly face, she laughs. I tickle her with her toys, she laughs. Everything that I do is funny. Sixteen years from now (actually, probably way sooner than that) nothing I do will be funny to Parker. I'll be an embarrassing parent, like all parents are to teenagers. I'll take the laughs now while I can get them!

And perhaps the most impressive thing with Parker this month has been…drumroll, please…she fell asleep on her own one night! Typically we wear Parker in the Ergo or I nurse her in order to get her to fall asleep. Laying her down, saying night-night, and walking out of the room is not an option with this baby. Nor does it feel right to me just to lay her down and walk away, so we don’t. But on this said night Kris was laying next to Parker in bed and I left the room for a couple minutes to grab a snack. When I walked back in our bedroom I was shocked to see that Parker had fallen asleep on her own! Well, Kris did rub her back for a bit but other than that she did it all herself. And to think that we used to not be able to even set Parker down for more than 30 seconds without her screaming her head off. My how things have changed! Parker does fall right asleep at daycare when they lay her down, sans fussing, but we don’t try that with her at home so I’m was very surprised by this new development!

The way time is flying by I will be planning Parker’s first birthday bash before I know it!

Here's some pictures from the past month!























No comments:

Post a Comment