Tuesday, November 27, 2012

Back in business and November happenings

Storage upgraded: check. Now I can finally get back to posting.


November has been full of fun times.  The weather has been fab, so fab that we were able to go see the Christmas lighting of our local outdoor mall and not worry about Teagan freezing to death.



I ate my weight on Thanksgiving day. Our fridge is still packed with leftovers so I'm still eating my weight.  I have a bridesmaids dress to squeeze into this weekend.  Not good. Parker is continuing the Thanksgiving festivities by serving tea and crumpets to her scarecrow. 



Parker started gymnastics last month and both Kris and I are shocked at what a success it's been.  This little monkey is having a blast on the trampolines, beams, and ball pits.  I waffle on whether or not to get her one of those little inside trampolines for Christmas.  I know she will love it but the fear of how many bones will be broken as a result keep that purchase in my "save for later" section on Amazon. 



There's "that mom" in Parker's gymnastics class.  The one that has her hardcore game face on and is totes serious about getting her 3 year old prepped for the 2016 Olympics.  Gym mom doesn't smile, she doesn't socialize.  She's allupinherkidsface making sure she follows each and every instruction. Hard.core. Geez, I'm not ready for this level of seriousness quite yet.


 I've been getting on lots of my pins and have found some clear winners.  Namely Honey Chicken and Italian Parm Chicken  (4 Boneless Skinless Chicken Breasts 16 Ounce Bottle of Italian Dressing, 1/2 Cup of Parmesan Cheese Italian Seasoning, 4-6 Potatoes scrubbed cut in half or wedges, 1/2 bag of mini carrots). I'm all over crockpot meals. Anything that will make life simpler when I return to work is a bonus for me. And I may or may not have made this single serving choc chip cookie (1 tbsp. butter, melted 1 tbsp. white sugar 1 tbsp. brown sugar 3 drops of vanilla pinch of salt 1 egg yolk 1/4 c. flour 2 tbsp. chocolate chips MICROWAVE 40-60 SEC IN A CUP OR BOWL. single serving deep dish chocolate chip cookie) at noon today while watching 16 and Pregnant.  Judge away ;)


Teagan hit 2 months (post to follow) and still smiles all the time.  Even in her sleep.





Parker is now 25 months, though since that's weird to say I'll stick with two.  She is SO much fun at this age, mixed with days that make me want to throw myself off our roof.  Forever she will keep me on my toes.




She loves to read books to herself, her dolls, and Teagan.  I'm often shocked when she actually reads the books correctly.  Songs are always being sung, she can count to 25, has nicknamed Teagan Teags which is comical since we've never called Teagan that, says "what's that?" I don't know, maybe 718 times a day, and loves kicking around soccer balls.

We cannot get her to bed unless she is wearing a flower in her hair, she knows her days of the week, and she is obsessed with Kris.  Obsessed to the point where it's made me feel upset.

I feel like since I'm speding so much time with Teagan (she's still nursing every two hours on the dot during the day) that it's making Parker feel like I'm abandoning her.  Maybe I'm being irrational (me, nah, never....oh wait...).  Right around the age of two girls tend to gravitate to their dad so maybe it's just the timing of things but it still gets me down.  It's all part of trying to balance the needs of an infant with the needs of a toddler and I'm trying my best to get it right.



Getting Parker to keep shoes and socks on her feet is the impossible task.  The hints of jealousy we saw in Parker due to Teagan are a thing of the past.  Parker loves cooking in her kitchen and feeding Teagan the goods, asks "where's Teagan?" any time T is not in the room, and has lots of fun caring for her during bath and diaper time.










I'm in desparate need of a new vehicle.  Our trip to Ohio this weekend may be the last long voyage for the Equniox.  Squeezing a toddler, infant, and all of our stuff in the car will be near impossible.  There's no room for poor Syd so she will have to stay behind.  My heat broke last week and we took that as a sign that it's time to retire the car that's been with us since I graduated from college.  Now we wait for the perfect GMC Acadia to pop up in the inventory and we're pouncing on it!





The Christmas tree is in the process of being decorated.





My sister is getting married this weekend! I'm the MOH and need to finalize my speech.  FX that Parker, a flower girl, makes it down the aisle.  And FX that everything goes nice and smooth.  I'm beyond pumped to see my little sister get hitched.







I'm all ready for December.  Christmas is my fave holiday and getting to celebrate it with two babes and the best hubs is going to make it that much sweeter this year.





And now I need to hunt down the ahole who just disobeyed my "only ring the doorbell if you're on fire" sign and make him calm the dog down and babysit my crying babies for the remainder of the afternoon. Jerk.

No comments:

Post a Comment