Wednesday, November 14, 2012

Birth Story

Since we're nearing the two month mark it's about time to finally post Teagan's birth story.  Check out the new page if you're into another lengthy read.  Four entire Word document pages again.

After I had Parker, Kris videotaped me swearing up and down that I would never, ever, EVER, subject myself to the sort of unnecessary pain that a drug free birth brings again as long as I lived.  Welp, I obviously changed my mind.

Part of it was guilt.  I went sans drugs with Parker so I felt that Teagan deserved the same birth experience.  I'm real good about putting pressure on myself. Another part was my overall dislike of many meds.  So what the hell, might as well give it another whirl.  As I was in triage unknowingly about to birth my baby in mere minutes I was so regretting this decision.  Gah, the pain!

No time for an epidural even though I was begging everyone for one. I'm glad that my time was up. That moment of feeling it all as your baby is birthed into the world is such a raw, powerful experience that I'm glad I was able to go through again.  I feel more confident than ever when the time comes to meet the next one. I say that now...



2 comments:

  1. Your pictures are absolutely beautiful! I know I've asked you this before, but talk to me about the settings you're using. Are you using your external flash in these at all? What editing software do you use?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Girl, I could talk to you all day about cameras :)

    On my 50m I find that 2.8 gives me the best clarity with one subject. If I'm shooting two I bump it up to 4. Three, I use around 5.4. I use my external flash for about 90% of my pictures, 1/200 and ISO 200. I bounce it off the ceiling. Photoshop CS5 makes it all come together :) I do very minimal editing since it takes forever. Just enough to brighten things up where needed and adjust colors.

    My external flash is my favorite piece of photography equipment. I couldn't get the indoor shots I get without it.

    ReplyDelete