Monday, August 20, 2012

Stace of Cakes

Every year for Kris' birthday I bake him a cake. This year was no different except for the fact that Parker was my right hand (wo)man.



I was known to attempt to eat sticks of butter back in my day. Parker has tried one too many times to do the same.



"No, no, no, mommy. I cut this." A toddler knife only does so much.



Perhaps the greatest thing about baking is tasting your treat before the final product comes out of the oven.





Nothing is going on behind this bag.



Busted.

Even better than trying plain chocolate for the first time is licking the beater.













Parker trying to figure out how to get me to make more cakes and less dishes with "hidden" veggies.



Someone is less than thrilled that chocolate time is over.

The majority of our cooking involves Parker. Last night she lended a hand in our sausage beef burgers and parmesan/chive/garlic/olive oil mashed potatoes which we enjoyed picnic style in the backyard. For breakfast she cracked all eggs in the bowl and whisked them up. When Parker's in a mood, we cook. A couple weeks ago this mood wasn't going away so we made a bunch of freezer goodies--pancakes, waffles, and granola bars. Making memories one meal at a time :)

2 comments:

  1. Her hair is getting so long and her facial expressions are awesome!

    I know we have a few minutes before baby girl arrives but Target has great dresses right now, just in case your in the mood to buy some post baby clothes! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm loving her long hair and those curly locks. I can do so much with it.

    I was just at Target yesterday since I can't seem to go a week without stopping in but I didn't even check out clothes for me. I'm so going back now. I love post baby clothes shopping!

    ReplyDelete