Wednesday, July 11, 2012

29 Weeks



I swear that I'm usually a bit more put together during the day and that I don't run around with wet hair and PJs.

How far along: 29 weeks. Um, that means I only have about 11 more weeks to go. 11 more weeks to...paint and decorate the nursery, paint the laundry room walls, cabinets, and add new hardware, paint the crown molding, make my entryway bench and shelf (the wood is cut but I need a tutorial on using a nail gun), transform Parker's nursery into a big girl room, and pitch in where needed with the master bath remodel. And the only time I work on things is during Parker's nap on the weekends. Yeah...

Total weight gain: 127lbs, still up 15 pounds. I have a feeling that the bulk of my weight gain happened in 2nd tri just like it did with Parker. At this point it's hard for me to eat a lot. I don't have much room in there anymore and I get full so fast.

Maternity Clothes: still going strong in my current wardrobe.

Best moment this week: even though vacay was a blast it was nice to get back home. And these 80 degree days and windows open at night? Loving it.

Movement: I'm still feeling baby girl all the time. I had an anterior placenta with Parker so a lot of the movement I felt wasn't terribly strong so this is all new. Baby girl likes to dig her way into my ribs quite often and let me tell you, it makes sitting pretty damn uncomfortable.

Food Cravings: My cravings are gone but I did buy one of those huge pails of vanilla ice cream with fudge and topped it off with Cupcake Magic Shell. It is heavenly.

Sleep: I'm exhausted but I've hit that nesting phase and it makes me stay up later than I need to. It also makes my mind go a million miles a minute in the middle of the night when I get up to pee. I run through all the things I need to do then can't fall back asleep for a while.

Milestones: Baby's brain can now control her breathing and body temperature. She can also cough, and her sucking abilities have been perfected. She's 15 inches long and weights 3lbs.

Random: As I laid with Parker during her nap and baby girl was making my belly move all over the place I couldn't help but tear up at how excited I am to have two little girls in no time. As much as I'm nervous about how Parker will adjust, how baby girl will fit into our lives, and how we'll manage with two little ones and everything else that's going on in our lives I am absolutely over the moon excited to expand our family.

On a totally different note I'm trying to figure out the best situation for Parker during my maternity leave. Pulling her from daycare is not an option. With all that she learns and all the fun she has with her friends it's not fair to take that away from her. Plus, I don't want to drastically change her routine. There's going to be enough change with a newborn in our house. I just need to figure out the right balance. I'll drop her down part time though I"m not sure of the days. At first I was thinking of every day for a half a day, but now I'm leaning more towards two full days a week. Parker will have her friend time which she will love (seriously, this girl talks about her friends all the time. She calls them by name and recently started calling them "friends." So cute) and I'll get some one on one time with baby girl. Sounds like a win-win to me.

And on another totally different note, Parker is fully into the independent, "I do this" stage. This morning she found her sunglasses and demanded to wear them. They were worn in the car and also made an appearance in her classroom. Thankfully I was able to trade her a blankie for the sunglasses but I realized that I left them in her cubby. Hopefully her teachers hid them. If not, it will be diva day in Toddler I.

No comments:

Post a Comment