Monday, March 2, 2015

Our past few weeks via iPhone

Pampering with my loves.  Teagan loves having her nails all nice and colorful.  The face she makes when her nails are chipped is so sad.  So so sad.



You may be under the impression that T is showing off her nails in this picture.  You would be wrong.  She is actually covering up her mouth in a silly attempt to avoid kisses.  Stinker!


Quite the comedian this one.  If you look in the background to the left you will see the beginning of wainscoting in the foyer and hallway.


If you look here, you will see the before and after.  Dressed up walls trump naked walls every single time.  Add this to the list of 783 things we (Kris) have done to the house in the seven months we've occupied the place. I have the vision. Kris has the skills.  I say we make a great team.  I don't know if Kris always agrees when it comes to house projects. 

Plain, boring, drab walls (freshly painted may I add by yours truly, in addition to the rest of the house--for real), yet still needed a little face lift.




In the works.  Brown quickly turned to...


Nice, bright, clean white! Is it normal to want to stare happily at walls all day long? Because I do.

Another project...note the nice two panel door to the left.  All the interior doors in our house made my skin crawl.  Nothing but flat, off white, boringness.  New hinges, new handles and new doors really make a difference.  The remaining interior doors upstairs will be delivered this week.  Which is good, because the door to Parker and Teagan's room appears to have lost a few battles according to all the dings and scratches that are visible.


Four years old is not too young to discuss financial responsibility, which we do on occasion.  Often a topic of conversation when Parker receives money for holidays and birthdays.  Money goes in the piggy bank/529 and we discuss saving it up.  I was very proud of Parker's mature answer! I also thoroughly enjoy what appears to be earmuffs on the stick figure. 


Yes, 72 degrees is our house temperature. Apparently this is high but being cold is not on my list of things to experience while inside a dwelling. A few Fridays ago as we snuggled up on the couch for family movie night I felt unusually chilly which is very uncommon for a 7+ month preggo.  A trip to the thermostat verified that the house had sunk below to 65 degrees.  65?!?! Kill me now.  Kris ran out and picked up some space heaters and saved the day the next morning by fixing the furnace.  I honestly don't know what people do without handy husbands! Probably get ripped off by overpriced furnace repairmen.


The princess fun has spread to even the good sport dog now.


Teagan is now drawing circles! And very proud of it.


I'm looking forward to the week again.  Tinkerbell and the Neverbeast is out on March 3rd which Parker and Teagan are anxious to watch.  It's on preorder thanks to Amazon.  The day it arrives we'll break out the popcorn and enjoy the new flick.  Our pool man is back in town after being out this past month so we're hoping to finalize our design, add ons, and get an installation date set in stone.  The basement will officially be usable space on Saturday.  Carpet installation day! Good things in the near future.  

And also, I hit 31 weeks last Friday.  I told Kris that I look like a whale.  He told me that I look like a gorgeous whale.  Yes, he's still living. 

No comments:

Post a Comment