Thursday, February 28, 2013

Recipe Share

I'm not exactly sure how many servings of vegetables you're supposed to eat in a given day but I'm guessing it's more than zero. For the life of me I cannot get Parker to eat a veggie.  Even though I made all of her baby food from scratch and fed her nothing processed like Ruth Yaron, God of the Super Baby Food book, said will guarantee healthy eating habits for life.  The "it's all baby will know and if it's all they know it's all they will eat" approach did not exactly pan out for us.

I've tried all the veggie sneaking tricks in the book and while that worked for a while, Parker's onto us.  But in an effort to shove something green down her throat I decided to make broccoli patties.  It fit my two requirements--yummy and super easy--and Kris and I gobbled 'em down. Olive oil, garlic, onion and parm Salmon on the side--my oh my was I a happy camper.

Parker?

Not so much. 

Children thrive all the time on Stoneyfield yogurt, Tyson all natural chicken nuggets, Annie's mac, fruit, scrambled eggs, and Craisins right? Right?!

Sigh.


Broccoli Cheese Bites--modified from Stacy Snacks



16 oz. package of frozen chopped broccoli, thawed and drained of liquid
1 1/2 cup of grated cheddar cheese
4 eggs
salt & pepper
1 cup of breadcrumbs

Mix all the ingredients together in a large bowl.

With your hands, form patties and lay on a parchment lined baking sheet.

Bake at 375F for 25 minutes, turning the patties after the first 15 minutes.

Eat them while exaggerating their deliciousness.  "Ohhhh honey, aren't these just SO GOOD?! Like the best thing to EVER hit your lips?! I want to eat these EVERY SINGLE DAY for the rest of my life, that's how good they are!"

Parker exaggerates her dislike by trying to feed them to Sydney while giggling uncontrollably.

Parker-1.  Broccoli Bites-0.




P: Hey, Teagan, guess what? These parents of ours are going to start feeding you food soon. Here's what you do.  Pretend to like the food at first. Make mommy scour the aisles at Whole Foods looking for ridiculous organic eats.  Make her stay up late steaming, mashing, peeling, and freezing said food.  Then BOOM one day in your early toddler years refuse to eat this healthiness.  Pretend you have never ate healthy in your life. Pretend that you want to take a bite of the food and then throw it down to the dog.  It will be hilarious.

No comments:

Post a Comment