Thursday, February 7, 2013

Abracadabra!

Watch as I turn this...


Into this!


Mama got a new ride!  I've been eyeing the GMC Acadia for some time and boy did the anticipation pay off. Heated seats, back up camera, three rows to grow into...devine! Four days in and I have yet to hit anything.  The work parking structure polls are placed inconspicuously throughout the place, giving you approximately a 1 in 1000 chance of not slightly nudging your car into them on any given day.  Why just yesterday I saw a lady back straight into a pole. You could see this coming from a mile away.  In retrospect I should have honked but my body froze waiting for the inevitable.  The lady glared at me and angrily waved me past, as if I too was to blame.  Um, okay chick-a-lick.

I didn't exit my car until the elevator doors closed behind her.  That's one awkward elevator ride I wasn't about to start my day with.

I didn't realize how hard it was going to be to part with the Equinox until the time came.  Memories were made during the past six and a half years.  I bought it weeks after my first real job, feeling on top of the world with a sweet gig and a new SUV.  It made the move from Ohio to Michigan, picked up Sydney when she was an itty bitty 12 week old pup, drove Kris and I to Ohio University on our third dating anniversary where he proposed to me (and almost forgot the ring...another story, another day ;), brought our two darling babies home from the hospital...leaving it all alone in the dealership parking lot practically brought tears to my eyes.  I just hope she finds a good home and makes loads of memories with her new owner.

I wonder what excitement the Acadia will bring.  What trips will she go on? How many more babies will she bring home from the hospital? How many times will she visit our good friend, the Dent Eliminator, after invading the personal space of the parking structure?

Time will tell :)











1 comment:

  1. My mom was between the Acadia and the Buick Enclave. She ended up with the Enclave but they are very similar. I know you'll be happy with it. Heated seats change your life!!

    ReplyDelete