Friday, September 14, 2012

38 weeks

I've been MAI trying to figure out if I'm actually in labor.

Saturday: felt like a balloon popped inside me.

Sunday: felt like a balloon pooped inside me. It was not my water breaking like I suspected. I may actually have a busted balloon floating around inside of me.

Tuesday: timeable contractions for 4 hours, 1 1/2 minutes long every 3 to 5 minutes apart. No baby.

Wednesday: timeable contractions for 10 hours, 1 1/2 minutes long every 3 to 5 minutes apart. Warranted a phone call to my dad who drove 5 hours from NE Ohio to watch Parker. No baby.

Thursday: woken up every hour while sleeping with contractions. No baby.

Friday: no contractions. I skip getting checked so no news of progress at my midwife appointment today.


Disappointed pregnant chic.


With a huge, oddly shaped belly.

I always assumed I'm go late again like I did with Parker but now these contractions have me wondering when I'll get to hold my little baby. It might be sooner than I thought--please be true!

How far along: 38 1/2 weeks.

Total weight gain: 133lbs, up almost 21lbs.

 Maternity Clothes: still on my nice little rotation of larger than normal clothes.

Movement: slow movements, lots of jabs to the ribs. I have a feeling that this pumpkin is a wee bit bigger than Parker was, either that or a non-anterior placenta is no joke.

Food Cravings: My appetite is shot. If I ever do get the urge to eat I only want very basic things. Think grilled cheese and boxed mac and cheese (Annie's White Cheddar shells are to die for). It's like I'm back in 1st tri all over again.

Sleep: pretty awesome. I'm up only one or twice a night to pee and Parker's only up once a night too. Now only if i could get Kris to quit snoring ;)

Milestones: baby's lungs are still maturing and her brain and nerve functions are improving every day.

Best moment of the week: a short work week thanks to false labor. Okay by me.

Happy weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment