Wednesday, January 29, 2014

Snow Day!


 
Temps well into the below zeros + snow and ice = snow day for all!

 
I’m not sure when the novelty and excitement of a snow day wears off.  All I know is that it’s not at age 30.  Seeing my email from daycare at 9pm Monday night with the subject: Closed…ahhh, I wanted to cartwheel through my foyer.  This snow day did wreck plans for Parker’s first dentist appointment though.  8am appointments were on the calendar—me first, then mini me 1—but bringing Teagan was not factored into the equation.  So we had to reschedule.  All our talks about the dentist will have to be revisited.  Talks like:

 
Me: (after explaining how at the dentist she will sit in a big comfy chair and watch TV while the dentist brushes her teeth)

So Parker, how do you feel about going to the dentist?

 
Parker: Good.  I’m excited to go to the salon and get my nails painted and my hair done, and sit in a comfy chair, and watch TV.

 
Perhaps I go to the salon too often.

 
Or


Me:  Parker, we are going to the dentist so that she can brush your teeth with her special toothbrush.

Parker: Oh Mommy, that’s okay. We don’t’ have to go. I have a toothbrush here.

 

So instead of going to the dental “salon,” we cuddled up at home for a nice relaxing day that went something like this:

 
8am:

That’s right, 8am! Two wee ones and we slept in! The day started off right with a big cup o’ Joe and Sofia the First. Not by myself, though I'm down for solo Sofia watching.







9am:

The biggest whole wheat oat pancake my pan could handle, complete with sprinkles.  Everything in life is better with a little sprinkle here and there.  My 101 cookie cutter box came out from hiding and the girls had fun cutting out their own mini pancake shapes.





10am:

Ladies of lunch and leisure. 



11am:

DBPA.  Dairy Based Products Anonymous.  If this existed I, without a doubt, would be the most active member.  Mix this obsession with Costco and only bad things happen.  Bad things like homemade blue cheese dressing.  But on the flip side, I've started working out again so really aren't all these extra fat and calories merely a wash?? Appease me here.





12pm...
1pm...
2pm...
3pm...

Yes ma'am, a nap of the four hour variety.  Disclaimer: I'm usually not much of a napper.  Feelings of laziness wave over me.  I cannot get my go-go-go mentality to slow down for the time it takes to nap so it's not even a line item in my life.  But it's something with this winter, the cold, the fabulously warm down comforter, this super cute cuddle bug.  I couldn't resist.  Teagan was nestled all snug in her crib so I opted for the king bed :)




4pm:

Might as well wake up now and take it easy with Frozen music videos and a little more Sofia. Obsessed with Frozen doesn't come close to describing it.  Even Teagan says "Elsa" and "Anna" when she sees their faces. Ahhh, the hard life we have on our lazy day off.

For the record, Parker is into picking out her own clothes and Teagan is into starting the bottomless trend. I'm aware that it's quite literally freezing and my children are half naked ;) Hellooo 71 degree home.




5pm and so on:

A little of this and a lot of that





Seeing as how today brought a heat wave (1 degree and sunny) school is back in session.  But I'm looking forward to the next snow day of the season--you know it's gotta happen sooner rather than later!

No comments:

Post a Comment