Thursday, January 16, 2014

Christmas and NYE 2014


Mid-January seems like the best time to recap Christmas and NYE, don’t ya think??




Christmas came early as we celebrated the week prior in Columbus.  We had a wonderful time with family just hanging out, seeing the zoo lights, visiting with Santa (NO TEARS, though I have to admit that was 100% because we held the girls versus forcing them to sit on the big guy’s lap), eating good eats, and exchanging gifts.

One of the most special gifts we received were from Grandma Eva. While she passed prior to Christmas, she already had gifts ready for the great grandchildren.  Not only did she get both girls dolls, but she sewed the most incredible blanket for Parker and crocheted a sweet blanket for Teagan.  I’m pretty sure she was smiling down on these two during this moment. Perhaps not smiling down when it turned to tantrum city (lack of schedule = house of horrors), but definitely smiling when she saw this cuteness.  My aunt also gave us copies of Grandma’s recipes, written in Grandma’s handwriting, and placed in a binder.  Being able to continue serving family recipes to my family is something I’m so looking forward to. 




After a week in Columbus we made it back home.  Christmas Eve was met with our annual all-day-PJ-day.  Sparkles the Elf delivered presents first thing on Christmas Eve—PJs for all, new Christmas movies, and Christmas cups.  All day we lazed around, watched TV, cooked a turkey (that Kris of mine is obsessed with turkey), and Kris’ parents and sister arrived.  Parker set out 342 cookies and almond milk for Santa.  Knowing the power of bribery at a young age? Priceless.  Reindeer food tossed outside, reading The Night Before Christmas, and the girls were out. 









Christmas Day! Ahhh, Christmas! I love Christmas.  Hands down  my favorite holiday.  The food, the gifts, the Christmas shows and movies, the excitement, I love it all.  Both girls loved ripping into their gifts—from Puma’s to Sperry’s to body pillows to movies to the playroom futon brought by Sparkles (nice elf this one is) to presents under the basement tree as well to everything in-between.

 
Santa has quite the appetite.


:) 





Tell me how you really feel why don't you?


Then of course, the grand finale of...

Dual seat Jeep!


The first accident.  No points on our insurance though.


T: Hey Dad? We only have 13 years to correct this reckless driving.  Better get on it.



These girls will be zipping around the sub at high speeds of 5mph for years to come. 

The rest of Christmas was spent enjoying the day.  We watched Tangled for the first time and 9 times since then (not exaggerating) and it is one of my faves.  We dined on breakfast casserole, dips, pasta salad, and finger foods.  We drank mimosa punch.  We opened every.single.toy and played.  We had a white Christmas! Really, I could not have asked for a better day.  I have the best memories of Christmas growing up and I hope to do the same with the girls.  I think we’re on the right track. 



Little stinker.

I also have great memories of NYE.  As a kid we would spend this night watching a bunch of new movies and snacking on an array of all things tasty.  So of course we did the same! Crab cakes, shrimp scampi, pepperoni, cheese and crackers, spinach dip, the works! Tangled played and the girls did a mix of watching and playing with each other.  Initially I wanted Parker to see the ball drop.  But after witnessing the worst tantrums ever—screaming screams that could break glass, talking back, general moodiness, hell would have to freeze over before I messed with schedule again.  Weeks of this behavior led me to consult with the Google to see if this was normal three year old behavior.  Google assures me it is.  Though I’m happy to report that since we’ve been back to our routine the past couple weeks and have figured out some effective cool down methods, the tantrums are a thing of the past.  For now. 

 
Oh yeahs.  Not only food but my all time fave drink--Olive Garden's Italian Margarita. 

NYE is my second favorite holiday to Christmas.  The excitement for what a new year will bring, everyone celebrating happily with noisemakers and champagne, the midnight kiss…it’s all so fun and festive and full of joy.  Looking forward spending 2014 with my crew--Kris, Parker, Teagan, Cinderella and Rapunzel. 



I have a feeling that 2014 will be a great year for us full of new adventures, experiences, and memories.  How could it not be?! :) 

So there you have it!

xo-Stacie

No comments:

Post a Comment