Wednesday, January 16, 2013

Hi ho, hi ho, it's off to work I go

I knew this day would come. 



The day when our daycare costs would exceed our mortgage payment. Ouch.



But after a fabulous 16 week, fully paid maternity leave slash vacation it was time to jump back into cute work clothes and smother those babies with hugs and kisses before we started our days.

I'm only two days in so take it with a grain of salt but I'm loving finally being back in the swing of things. Don't get me wrong...soaking up my days with my loves was a blessing but I thrive on this new balance of life. Teagan's easy go with the flow personality doesn't hurt things either nor does the fact that I love her daycare teachers.  Walking into school with Teagan when she was two weeks old and being greeted with hugs and squeels of excitement over when her first day would be was heartwarming to say the least.



So yeah, life is good.

It's sort of weird being back to a hectic life again. Up too late, up too early, but thanks to a little invention called coffee I'm doing just fine.

Finally I'm getting to reap the benefits of my freezer meals. I doubled and tripled recipes like woah prior to T's arrival to eat up during mat leave. But easy baby = ample time to cook so we didn't touch a single frozen meal. Time is precious now though so we'll be working our way through tasty meals for some time. Love does not describe the feeling I have when I walk through the door and I don't have to hurry and whip up a meal. Cooking and baking have a special place in my heart but that place is not around at 5pm on a weeknight.



Getting home at the end of the day to a toddler running full steam ahead towards me with the biggest grin on her face while exclaiming "mommy!"just makes my days. As does a snuggly little infant who smiles as soon as she sees my face. What in the world did I ever do to be so lucky?

No comments:

Post a Comment