Thursday, September 3, 2015

Some days

Some days I upload pic after pic to blogger with the best of intentions.  Intentions to post that exact evening, not a day later.  And then an entire month passes quickly by and here I am.  But as always, better late than never :-P

I have lived through baby milestones two full times now.  You would think that it would be old news by his point but each time it still catches me by surprise.  Like this day when Emerson made the realization that, hey! This moving, nommable thing is part of ME!



While pondering this major discovery, I captured the most epic photo bomb.  My goofy T.  Just when I think she can't be funnier than she already is she steps her game up a notch. 


Mother hen I'm telling ya.  I honestly would not have survived maternity leave without this great helper. Whether it was comforting Emerson when she cried or helping Teagan get dressed for the day, Parker was my right hand woman.


Please note that Teagan is still in the nude.


Another thing that also doesn't get old no matter how many babies one has.  The cuddles :)



Everyone loves a good cuddle! Teagan is pouting because her turn with E ended.  Talk about being loved. So loved that no one wants to give her up.  


See how happy Teagan is to have her lil sis back in her arms??



Teagan also likes Parker to be in her arms as well.



And sometimes sisters are played with just fine on the floor.  The perfect distance away for Teagan to play the tune of "Animal Sounds" over. And over. And over again.  That song will forever be burned in my memory.



Other things:

Parker always seems to catch the most perfectly candid iPhone pics.



The big girls are still obsessed with this statue at the library.  His name is Andy and his parents are significant library donors.  The real life Andy drowned while studying abroad in India in his late teens.  I'm sure Andy's parents have witnessed the love many, many children visiting the library have for his statue. While I cannot begin to imagine the pain a parent must feel to lose a child, I can only hope that seeing the excitement and cheer the memory of their son has on children brings a bit of joy to their hearts.


On a happier note: MATCHING MAXI DRESSES! I even scored one for E to wear next spring.  I was so made to be a mom of girls. The only piece of the puzzle missing here is a matching one for me!


And a little snapshot of the oh so hard (insert sarcasm) maternity leave.  Chilling with my ladies and friends at Rochester's Wild Wednesday.


There's river wading, rocking gathering, and bucket filling.



There's fire hose spraying (one kid loved it, one kid cried).  Mom had a blast.


And of course it's not a wild Wednesday without a larger than life slip n slide.



Emerson basically behaved like a boss the entire time, rocking her fan equipped double BOB  while decked head to toe (check out those tootsies!!) in pink.


The end of the day wasn't pretty, as is the case whenever we skip a nap.  And without fail if we skip nap, Teagan falls asleep for the night in the silliest positions. Practically off the bed and did not even stir when I moved her to a more normal position.


Update on Syd :she's hanging in there but the end is imminent.  Typically our family meals look something like this below.  The girls hanging out at the kid table while Sydney stands guard at close proximity, waiting for any morsel of food to accidentally fall to the ground.

But lately she's barely eating, even with an appetite inducing pill.  Wet dog food she won't touch so we switched to a mix of chicken, quinoa/rice and veggies.  Then she would only touch the chicken.  Then she wanted nothing to do with the chicken.  So now we give her whatever.  Hot dogs.  Sliced cheese.  Meatballs. Pasta.  Whatever she wants she gets.  This sucks.


That's all I have for now.  I'm taking tomorrow off to do some things that I just can't get done during the week--huge Costco trip (my fave!), a trip with my ladies to the mall per Parker's request (love it!), and a swing by the pool store.  My parents are visiting for the whole weekend so we will surely have a great time :) I appreciate my weekends so much more now that I'm back to work so I am READY for four straight days off!

No comments:

Post a Comment