Monday, June 29, 2015

Recital Time!

One of my favorite times of year. No, not Christmas.  Or cider mill opening weekend.  Or the first day of a Disney vacation.  I'm talking dance recital time!

The day before the recital was parent observation so I got a little sneak peak of the big show.  Words cannot express how proud I am of Parker for listening to the teacher, nailing her moves and truly enjoying the entire experience.  Dance breaks for the summer for us but she'll be in it again in the fall.  Probably ballet, though I think hip-hop could be sort of fun too :)

And what I'm most excited for is little Teagan.  She will be old enough to join in on all the fun! Poor thing has been asking to dance week after week for months now.  The first time we put the tutu and leotard on her will be one of the best days for T.


Dance besties for two whole years :) I think they are all pretty proud of their shiny gold trophies.


Dress and ready to go.  2pm recital time is pretty brutal for us since Parker is still an avid napper.  But she made it through with flying colors and only crumbled at the end when I went backstage to pick her up.


Teagan loves being goofy for pics now.  I wonder who taught her that...(looking at you, Parker!).  And in true Parker fashion, she is closely monitoring Emerson.  This girl and her nurturing heart :) 

I've never mentioned that I love having three girls, have I?!? 

T at it again.  Woops, where is Emerson??

There she is!
 And of course we needed to snap some ballerina poses before we left.





My poor tired princess!



All smiles now though now that Emerson is around.  Yes, we brought our 7 week old baby to a 3 1/2 hour dance recital and yes, she did just fine.  Only cried a few times here and there but with the sound of the music you couldn't tell at all.  I couldn't imagine her not being a part of all this fun, plus I couldn't let that fun, frilly dress go to waste now could I ;)


While we couldn't video the actual recital, we were allowed to video the rehearsal.  So here you go!


Plus another one from her parent observation day :)


I don't know who loves dance more.  Me or P!

No comments:

Post a Comment