Tuesday, December 2, 2014

end of November fun!

Hard to believe that November flew by and now we're off and running in one of my favorites months--December! With all the Christmas cheer, cookies, hot chocolate, sled riding, Cousin Eddie and Clark on repeat what's not to love? And when you live in Rochester you also have all the downtown lights to ohhh and ahhh over while getting manicured up.


My first gel manicure.  One week on and not a chip in sight.  I think that I like this. 

Can you tell she's happy about her bright pink sparkly nails??


Seeing these lights for blocks and blocks will never get old.



And look who met up with us--Kris (who is somewhere I promise) and miss T.  A little frozen yogurt went well with the freezing temps outside.



The morning after our downtown family fun we ventured into the car for a 9 hour car ride turned 14 to the hills of Tennessee.  All I can say is thank the dear Lord for the invention of in-car DVD players.  How anyone survived long car rides with young children before these things is a real shock to me.

Even though it took for.ev.er. we made it to my parents house.  Food, family and fun are always a good time, but poor Teagan was feeling really under the weather.  So much so that she threw up for the first time.  And again. And again.  And again on the way back in the midst of Detroit of all god forsaken places.  Poor pumpkin.    The stomach bug hopped on over to me (why yes, I'd love to be prego and sick) and now Kris.  Fingers crossed that Parker remains strong. 

Pre-puking sleepy cuteness.


Where Parker goes, Isabelle goes.

So sick and sleepy :(
If this girl is not smiling you know something is wrong.
Yuuuuummmmmm



Teagan was overly attached to her puke bowl.

Finally Teagan enjoys cuddling! Ahhhhhh.  I will never get over my babes wanting to cuddle up for naps.



Downtown Franklin shopping. 

Even through the sickness we still had to go out into the wilderness Clark Griswold style and cut down our Christmas tree.  Our artificial tree has been up since the beginning of November but you always needs a real one too!



After an entire hour of searching (no exaggerating) we stumbled upon this beaut.  It's massive and takes up a huge corner of our living room and I couldn't love it any more than I already do.

We're in the dressing ourself mode again.  All pink because "it matches."

Picture perfect and then...

This happened.

Do you realize that no one has coats on? In Michigan? In (almost) December? 55 degrees baby!


Heartbreaking and heart melting.  Heartbreaking that Teagan is so sad and heart melting seeing the sisterly love from Parker. 


Got er down!
On my sick day yesterday Parker helped out by dressing herself.  Do you think she's proud of her outfit and accessory choices?!



Later on that evening the girls decided to get creative with paint.  Washable paint mind you but paint nonetheless.  Walking works of art.  



Today I am feeling better, Kris is hanging in there, I haven't received a call from school about any sick girlies, and Charlie Brown Christmas is on tonight.  Win win win win all around!

No comments:

Post a Comment