Wednesday, December 3, 2014

Pregnancy Update

So here I am, almost at the half way point :) 19 weeks down, 21 more to go.  Though I'd take 20 or even 19!






How far along: (almost) 19 weeks. Technically 18w5d.

Weight gain: up about 7lbs.  Pretty much on par with where I'm typically at during this week. 

Maternity Clothes: seeing as how I'm busting out of everything I should probably get some new shirts.  And perhaps a maternity coat.  My current winter coats are practically belly baring.  Not a good look for a 31 year old prego.  

Best moment this week: feeling lots of little movements right when I lay down to sleep for the night.  This little one is already keeping me up from the womb!

Movement: I started feeling our lil pumpkin move and shake around 17 weeks.  Third time and it's still such a surreal experience.  

Food Cravings: Nothing.  Not a thing.  Food is pretty much my enemy.  Occasionally  I really crave something or am so starving, but for the most part I just eat because I have to. Sweets could not be less appealing to me and I pretty much avoid cheese like the plague--definitely not typical Stacie. 

Sleep: if I make it up past 10pm I'm a walking zombie the next day.

Milestones: baby is almost six inches long!

Girl or boy: internet quizzes tell me it's a girl.  We find out for sure on Tuesday! Ahhhhhhhhhhh!

Random: let's see...breathing is tricky no matter what I'm doing (sitting at my desk? I'm huffing.  Trying to sleep at night? I'm puffing).  My sole varicose vein has basically taken over my entire right leg.  I had to make a special visit to the midwife to make sure I wasn't dilated because it feels like the baby is going to fall out (I'm not dilated. I'm just damaged goods). Even with all the less than ideal body changes I love being pregnant. I'm deliriously excited to find out if we're adding a boy or girl to our family.    


And most importantly, I cannot wait to start shopping for our little one!!

No comments:

Post a Comment