Tuesday, December 29, 2015

Day three

Vacation day number three was spent at the best of the best of Disney once again--Magic Kingdom of course! Alarm was set, we got a family of five ready in a jiffy, and before we knew it the gates were staring us in the face once again.  Except this time they were already open--an entire 15 minutes before the scheduled park opening time.  Gah! Time to rush to a busy attraction first to avoid long lines.

Waiting for the bus.  Game faces on.

Emerson's signature move with all princesses and characters.  Reach for the face. 

The entire trip the girls were completely starstruck by all the princesses and characters.  Starstruck to the point of barely being able to speak.  I get it.  Seeing all these fairy tale characters in the flesh has to be simply amazing for them.  But at least we got some great smiles!

Next up: meeting Ariel.  Are we excited? Not excited? Hmmmm hard to tell.  

The rest of the day was very calculated.  See as many characters as possible.  Daisy, Donald, Minnie & Goofy had like a two minute wait so that made it super easy to take care of those guys.  The girls were able to take their sweet time getting hugs in and autograph books signed.

After all that character excitement it only made sense to pay $472 for two lollipops at 10am.  Teagan, the slowest eater on the planet, seriously took a solid three hours to finish this thing.

Other character sightings included Belle at her Enchanted Tales.  Great use of a FastPass as the wait times were anywhere between 20 and 40 minutes. Both Parker and Teagan had roles in this play you perform along with Belle and it's super cute to sit in the audience and watch.

After our princess fix it was off to Tomorrowland.  I pretty much shun away from all things science but T-land was pretty darn cool.

Mainly because of these turkey legs.  OMG were they delish.  I don't believe it's actually turkey.  It tasted like well done ham.  Heaven on Earth right there people.

Day in day out we ran these kids.  To the park before it opened and left when it closed.  We had to wake the girls for the 9pm electrical parade.  Parker was NOT happy about it until Tinkappeared.  Day saved.

The parade ended around 930pm and while the girls powered through, we literally could not wake them for the castle show and fireworks.  So I did what any other Disney obsessed mom would do.  Stayed for my own enjoyment and video'd it for the kiddos.  It was epic.


What was also epic was getting three sleeping children 5 and under, a double stroller, and all our junk onto a bus.  And off again at the resort.  Lets just say there was a lot of screaming. But at least bedtime is a breeze when the girls are already exhausted.  Lay them in the bed and that's it!

Next up: Animal Kingdom!

No comments:

Post a Comment