Monday, May 13, 2013

Happy day

Diapers & nursing & rocking. Kissing boo-boo’s, handing out hugs, & making snacks. Sesame Street, building towers, & belly sandwiches. Falling asleep with a baby on my chest & again with a toddler in my arms. Realizing a little more yesterday just how lucky I am to have not just one, but two little dears to love on this Mother’s Day.

The day was nice and chill.  Whole wheat oat pancakes were shared by all (with a white flour version for our seemingly wheat sensitive baby T), a flop of a photoshoot was taken, and my very favorite dinner was cooked (Mitchell’s Shang Hai Sampler, super yummo).  Kris changed his work schedule to fly out to France late Sunday night rather than the original plan of Saturday afternoon.  “Family first,” and it was much appreciated.  Handcrafted tote and new kitchen counters (order pending) rounded out the festivities.  I bring a tote of goodies every week to work.  Now I have a cuter way to bring them into the office :)




I wore something other than yoga pants/shorts and the babes were in matching outfits.  Perfect time for a photoshoot.  But we all know how that goes.  Too much effort = the most interesting of pictures.


We now have documented evidence of hair grabbing at its finest.




Learning the great life lesson of being quick to forgive and forget.






Starting a rap? Laying down a high five?

Putting her hands in the air like she just don't care.

And in case you were wondering what snack I made, see below.  Greek Yogurt Peanut Butter Honey dip.  I saw this on Pinterest a while back and honestly don’t know who to link this up to.  But the concept is simple.  Mix greek yogurt, peanut butter & honey together.  Eat plain.  Eat with apple slices.  Eat with graham crackers.  Repeat & repeat & repeat.  I didn’t measure anything, but something around ½ cup yogurt, 2 tablespoons peanut better, and 1 tablespoon of honey will do the trick.  For an extra nutritional boost sub in sunflower seed butter.  I made this peanut free version for Parker’s classroom once and it was enjoyed by all.  Extra bonus—it keeps you full for so long.  And keeps you from wanting to eat the entire Costco sized jar of Nutella that’s only a desk drawer away from you.   



Happy Mother’s Day!




2 comments:

  1. Love the tote bag idea! How cute is that?!

    And that recipe sounds delicious. I'm going to try it out this weekend for sure!

    Happy Mother's Day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kris thought of it all by himself--I was impressed! I had the most amazing idea tonight while laying Parker down to sleep...I'm going to make popsicles out of the greek yogurt dip! Taking this to the next level.

    ReplyDelete